SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
The goal of SEO (search engine optimization) is to get found online by people who are actively seeking, right now, the products and services you offer. These are highly qualified, high value prospects; because they’re already looking for your product. They’re just trying to decide who will get their business. You? Or your competition?
Let’s look at some key research statistics* for SEO:
- 87% of consumers search online before they purchase a product or service.
- 94% of clicks go to organic/natural results, while only 6% go to paid results.
- The top 3 organic search results get 68% of the clicks, with
- 48% to the first position
- 12% to the second position
- 8% to the third position
- 30% of organic results go to the remainder of page 1
- 2% of people who search online go past the bottom of page 1
As you can see SEO is one of the most cost effective marketing tactics available today, because of the high volume of searches and the high quality of the prospects. In this day and age you can’t afford not to be found online.
ORM (Online Reputation Management or Reverse SEO)
At the same time you need to proactively manage your online reputation, because it only takes a few disgruntled customers posting negative reviews to cloud your online image. That’s where ORM (online reputation management) comes into play. When you maintain a positive online reputation a few negative reviews are only a blip in a sea of happy customers. And when the inevitable negative review appears it’s much easier to push it to page 2 where only 2% of people will see it. It’s the reverse of SEO.
A strong SEO campaign coupled with proactive ORM is one of the strongest, most cost-effective marketing combinations available today.
* Source: Study published in August 2012 by eConsultancy. This research was conducted by Nielsen Corp US and Group M UK. The results were based on 1.4 billion searches conducted in June 2011.
Phyllis Brown is a Principal and Senior Online Marketing Strategist at Capital Consulting Group, LLC. Her specialty is helping your business maintain a strong and positive online presence, so your business gets found by the 87% of consumers who actively search online before they buy a products or service. She’ll evaluate your current marketing efforts, and recommend the best online marketing approach to achieve your long-term growth objectives. Then she’ll measure results to make sure you meet your marketing ROI.
Click Here for a FREE Online Diagnostic Assessment. $250 Value. Or call (201) 984-2663.